Scouting for All
As a group we understand that we are based in one of the 20% most deprived areas in England and that some of our member’s families may struggle with the cost of having their young person(s) in Scouting.
The cost of Scouting should not be a barrier to a young person taking part, Scouts as an organisation is determined to break down barriers, including people’s incomes and truly be an inclusive place for everyone.
No one should be embarrassed to ask for financial aid, we are here to help and if you are able to give back to the group in some other way, be it volunteering at an event or using your hidden craft skills to make outfits for an event, even better! This is not mandatory though – just a suggestion!
The Group, District, County and National levels of Scouting have funding in place, to help families who are struggling with the burden of financial pressures within scouting. Below are the criteria for the Hardship fund. If you believe you come under any of the criteria and would like help, please do not hesitate to contact us using the form or by emailing email@example.com
We cannot fund the Subscription cost of being a member (termly set fee) however, we are able to source funding and make adjustments as needed to allow a young person to take part in camps, uniform costs and events.
We cannot guarantee full, part or any funding however we will do our best to help as many young people of the group.
- Total household income level below £20,000
- Young carer (recognised by relevant authorities)
- Looked after child (in care)
- Free school meals* or pupil premium funding
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit) and annual income does not exceed £16,190 as assessed by HMRC
- Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
- Housing Benefit
- Disability Living Allowance (related to the young person or parent)
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
*Free School Meals because of Hardship, not the government scheme for the younger age groups.
Any emails received will be taken in confidentiality and in line with GDPR. Every case will be assessed and reviewed by the Group Executive Committee and Section Leader.