Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees supports the Group Lead Volunteer and ensures the effective administration and governance of the Scout Group. The Group Lead Volunteer nominates the Group Chair and the relationship should be one of partnership and mutual support.
The members of the Board of Trustees are the charity trustees of 2nd Bognor (St. Mary’s) Sea Scout Group.
The Board of Trustees aims to make sure that the Scout Group has the facilities and resources needed to deliver good Scouting in the Group.
- the maintenance of the Group’s property and equipment
- the raising of funds and the administration of the Group’s finance
- the insurance of persons, property and equipment
- Group public occasions
- assisting with the recruitment of volunteers and other adult support
The Board of Trustees consists of some people who are members because of their role in Scouting (the ex-officio members), these are:
- Group Lead Volunteer
- Group Chair
- Group Treasurer
- All Section Team Leaders (individuals holding a Squirrel, Beaver, Cub, Scout or Explorer Team Lead Role).
- Subject to that Team Lead expressly indicating to the AGM (in writing or orally at the meeting) that they are willing to perform such a function
In addition to the ex-officio trustees, there are three other groups of people who may be members of the Board of Trustees:
- Elected trustees – these are elected by the Group Council at the Annual General Meeting and there are normally four to six of them
- Nominated trustees – these are nominated by the Group Scout Leader in consultation with the Group Chairman at the Annual General Meeting and there must be no more than the number of elected members
- Co-opted trustees – these are co-opted by The Board of Trustees for a particular role which can be time limited, such as leading a project, and there must be no more than the number of elected members
Group Lead Volunteer – Elizabeth Bilham
Group Chair – Mark Wisby
Group Treasurer – Ben Hardcastle
Section Team Lead –
Claire Mills (Beavers)
Neil Haughey (Secretary)
Susan Shimell (Group President)
Tom Weaver (Quartermaster)